Now that summer is here, we are to expect lots of hot weather and it is important to make sure we keep our dogs happy and healthy throughout. Here are a few tips to help make sure your dog stays cool and does not overheat.
- On days when a heatwave is forecast, only walk your dog before sunrise or after sunset. Remember, it is okay to skip walks completely during the hot weather. you may even find your dog will prefer this.
- On the days it is ok to walk but is still hot, stick to shaded areas such as woodlands and keep off of the concrete/pavement. Remember to take plenty of water for your dog.
- Avoid strenuous walks and exercise.
- Make sure your dog has plenty of shaded area in the garden. even on hot days 5 or 10 minutes is okay to pop outside for fresh air and toilet breaks but shaded areas are a must.
- Purchase a cool mat or vest for your dog or alternatively a wet towel to lay on our drape over your dog is good too.
- Providing an extra water bowl with added electrolytes is a good thing to help give your dog that extra boost on very hot days. Try Shanzi Naturals Pet Electrolyte.
Chia Seed Pudding: The ultimate low carb, low calorie, sugar free* dessert with endless recipe ideas that hit the spot when it comes to sweet tooth cravings, protein upkeep and guilt free treats. Click HERE to read more about it in our blog
*May include naturally occurring sugars depending on the ingredients used.